Become part of a friend’s organization that has been dedicated to the support of the Merritt Island NWR Complex since 1994.
By joining as a MIWA member, you will not only enjoy the great benefits, you will help MIWA promote conservation, awareness and appreciation of the Merritt Island NWR Complex, which includes the Merritt Island NWR, St. Johns NWR and Lake Woodruff NWR.
As the refuge system faces eight consecutive years of budget cuts, which drastically impacts visitor services, environmental education and the maintenance of the refuge, your assistance is needed now more than ever.
Through the generosity of our MIWA members, we have provided the much needed funding for Refuge projects in such as:
- Environmental education programs and bus transportation funding for students, helping creating future conservation stewards
- Youth outreach programs including Summer Junior Rangers, Boy and Girl Scout programs, Lake Woodruff NWR Annual Fishing Derby and the Annual Youth Christmas Bird Count
- Internships for both the Merritt Island NWR and Lake Woodruff NWR
- Volunteer program, with refuge volunteers giving over 12,000 hours annually
- Scholarships and funding for the Youth Leadership Council, a program for local high school students
- Assistance in staffing of the Refuge Visitor Center and support at the Visitor Information front desk
- Support biological studies within the Merritt island NWR Complex
- Funding for the Community Conservation & Education Center
Your membership also funds upgrades and construction of important interpretive facilities such as the Sendler Pavilion, which educates thousands of school children annually, and the Black Point Wildlife Drive Enhancement Project.
New memberships and membership renewals may also be purchased over the phone at (321) 861-2377 or (321) 861-0669
Mail in memberships in by filling out the Membership Form and mailing in payment to:
PO Box 2683,
Titusville, FL 32781
Please make checks or money orders payable to “MIWA”. For more information, please call the MIWA office at 321-861-2377 or email email@example.com
Thank you for helping support the Merritt Island NWR Complex and MIWA!